Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Day in the Life


Hello again!  It's been awhile since I've blogged, but thanks to my friends LauraMyan I'm inspired to post again.  Laura came up with the idea to do a sort of 'Day in the Life' photography series where once a month we will post photos of our day.  I'm a bit late to the game, so this month I will just post photos that represent a single day, but actually happened a bit out of order.  Prepare to be thoroughly bored:


My day starts somewhere between 5:30 and 6:30 am with coffee in my favorite anthro mug and a snuggle with my cat, Ladybug, who, as you can see, loves to sleep on her back with her legs in the air.  She will stay like that for hours!




I love to get up early and have time alone with Andy before i wake my little sweet pea and get her ready for school.  Every day I drive her to and from her charter school, which she Loves (yes, with a captial 'L'). After I drop her off in the morning, I usually end up somewhere in Ann Arbor taking photos with my iphone.  Autumn in Michigan is unbelievably beautiful.






Having no children around during the day is new to me and I'm still trying to figure out some kind of routine.  When I get home I usually put on a Spotify playlist, process photos, work on my Etsy shop, chat with my fpoe ladies, spend way too much time on Pinterest and drink more coffee.  I seriously need to step away from the coffee!  






Sometimes I meet Andy for lunch...



Or go to the library and in the late afternoon I may have a cup of tea (but never a macaron - pure photo prop hehe)...




Two or three days a week I have to package Etsy orders in my little basement office space:




After I pick my daughter up from school, unless we are going to gymnastics or girl scouts, we go home and do art together.  Olive loves art and quite literally spends hours every day drawing, painting, coloring, etc.  I'm in the process of making her an art area and organizing all the supplies. Our fridge, walls and windows are covered with her beautiful creations.  




My day ends with dinner, a glass of wine, stories with Olive and falling asleep to any of the Real Housewives...



Next month I wont cheat and promise it will be exactly one day and hopefully it will land on a day when something more exciting happens. 





10 comments:

Diane Miller said...

Your day looks absolutely lovely! :-)

Emily @ the Anna Delores blog said...

Love this! Autumn in Michigan does look amazing. We don't get to enjoy the seasons quite as much in California...

Diana Debord said...

I really liked this and I'll do the same one of these days :)

You make me want to visit Michigan, it really looks beautiful!

MADA said...

Such a calm and lovely day
my days are complete chaos lol
Michigan pictures looks really great

Merle said...

lovely photos of your day l'elle!

Anti Money Laundering said...

You absolutely have a great day. Sometimes being a housewife is difficult and sometimes boring unless you find ways to make it exciting. You have a talented daughter and you can spend time together doing paintings. Enjoy your day everyday. Thank you for sharing.

dndInfotainment p said...

Hi,
I am from Virat Bharat I Saw This Blog. This Is very Informative to our Youth. Really Good If you Want to see our Site You can easily Visit

http://www.viratbharat.com/Technology/Technology_News.aspx

Thanking You
Puneet Kardam

Marieke en Elvira said...

Amazing pictures!

newmexicomtngirl.com said...

Always fun to peek at others whose work I admire. And that stunning fall tree with the light through it is stunning.
peace,
CheyAnne

Lincoln Madison said...

It is an established fact that having a tollfree for your business increases sales and brings customers closer to your business.