Monday, April 30, 2012

Gifting Ryan Gosling

You heard right!  I have the opportunity to send some of my work to the talented and oh so charming Mr. Ryan Gosling.  He's such a great actor and one of the few celebrities that kind of deserves a lot of attention.  Have you seen Lars and the Real Girl?  Drive?  Half Nelson?  If so, then you know what I'm talking about.  Anyway, I wasn't sure what to gift him at first, but then decided to go with a sort of Dead Man's Bone theme (that would be his most amazing band).
He will get a photo block with the double exposure photo of Elise and Mr. Wiggles (that is what I call the skeleton I did the shoot with), a pair of antique photo cufflinks from the early 1900s with my Magnify image on them and a signed print of me dancing with Mr. Wiggles, of course.

I had to include a note, so I decided to do a message in a bottle.  I wrote the note on the back of another Elise/Mr. Wiggles photo and rolled it up.

For packaging, I put the cufflinks in a little black velvet bag and tied an antique skeleton key to it.  I wrapped the box in kraft paper and tied a keyhole to it with black and white bakers twine.  Simple, but unique, I think.  I hope.  

So, maybe a little cheesy, especially with the message in a bottle thing, but he also has a good sense of humor, so I feel pretty okay with it all. hehe


The contents: photo block (wrapped in archival bag here), bag with cufflinks inside, 5x5 signed photo (on the very bottom) and message in a bottle.




The final wrapping.  I love that keyhole!  



My note to Ryan written on the back of this photo of Elise with Mr. Wiggles hand.  I ended up using a bigger bottle.



The cufflinks with my Magnify image.  These look much nicer in person.  I'd reshoot them, but they're already packaged, so this is what you get!


This is the 5x5 signed print.  Mr. Wiggles is featured very prominently in this gift!

14 comments:

Susan Woods said...

An amazing little collection.

phoebe said...

I would bet he will love all of this! I do! And you've inspired me to boot :)

Elle Moss said...

thank you both!!!

mkendall said...

Everything look amazing! I could totally see him rocking those cufflinks. And the keyhole with the twine is the perfect finishing touch.

Eva Ricci said...

So well done

Sara Montague Miller said...

I'm so happy for you for getting this opportunity--you totally deserve it! And the gifts are absolutely perfect. Way to rise to the occasion! :)

Louise said...

Good gracious! Congratulations! That is just wonderful news, what a fantastic actor and he obviously has great taste in photography! :)

Elle Moss said...

Thanks you guys! I really hope he likes everything :-)

Sari said...

Simply amazing! You have totally blown me away! I love your work and this, well is so incredible! I adore the thoroughness of thought...
Truly fabulous.

Shell said...

What an honor! These look gorgeous - I'm sure he'll love it!

Elle Moss said...

Thank you Sari and Shell!

Shauna Nicole said...

Great job!!

Tina Marie said...

Elle...amazing!! I absolutely love what you did. You gave me inspiration and insight into my packaging, designs, and products the next time I get to gift. Wonderful job ;-)

Stacey Merrill said...

what a fantastic melange - he'd be mad not to love it!